International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP)
What is IPMVP?
The sole purpose of IPMVP is to increase certainty, reliability and the level of savings within the energy and water sector. It also reduces the level of transaction costs by providing a measurement and verification plan for your business. IPMVP is recognised as the standard across Europe and the USA as a condition in energy performance contracting.
What are the Benefits of IPMVP?
The IPMVP delivers an outline of present finest practice techniques available to verify results of energy efficiency, water efficiency and renewable energy projects. It provides a framework for good measurement and verification without being too prescriptive. This means there is no need to be concerned about how results will be measured or verified, as IPMVP tackles this exact issue.
Before IPMVP, there was no standardised method to the application of energy saving initiatives. This made it tough for building operators to calculate any savings achieved. IPMVP intends to improve environmental quality and to ensure that energy efficiency projects achieve their goals. Measurement and verification is the procedure of using a quantity of energy usage to determine actual savings formed within an individual facility by energy management.
Benefits of International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol:
- Provides internationally established guidelines for measurement and verification.
- Validates strategy for energy efficiency.
- Provides transparency, certainty and reliability within pre-agreed parameters that take account of all relevant factors.
- Tackles the precise issue of measurement and verification of results.
- Delivers accurate data based on energy saving projects.
- Issues capital for costs on savings.
- Reduces transaction and financing costs in an energy performance contract.
- IPMVP has established global authority for energy savings reports; increasing the worth to a consumer of the connected energy savings
- Helps national and industrial organisations to promote and achieve resource efficiency and reach environmental objectives.
- Assesses the performance of the entire facility.
- Defines standard approaches to measuring and savings to reassure facility owners.
- Helps parties to generate repeatable performance contract terms
- Offers direction on the compromise between measurement accuracy and measurement cost
IPMVP gives four options for the measurement and verification of energy savings. These are:
- Retrofit Isolation: Key Parameter Measurement
- Retrofit Isolation: All Parameter Measurement
- Whole Facility
- Calibrated Simulation
These four options give the designer the ability to tailor the measurement and verification methodology for each project’s specific requirements.
Why Choose Ignite Energy
With vast experience in energy management for large businesses, Ignite Energy are the perfect choice for any organisation looking to reduce energy cost and consumption. Using IPMVP, Ignite are able to do this with certainty and reliability. Contact our team today for more information on how IPMVP could help your business.